- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into cubes
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 shallots
- 1 Fresno chile, halved
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Boo Salt
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Creme Fraiche for finishing
- Set oven temperature to 450°. Toss squash, chopped and peeled apple, onion, chile, garlic, olive oil, boo salt and curry powder in a large bowl until squash is coated season. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet and roast, tossing occasionally, until squash and onion are browned and tender, 30 -40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cilantro, 1 teaspoon olive oil & pumpkin seeds, stir to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of Boo Salt and pepper and cover.
- Once the vegetables are finished peel the garlic, then purée garlic, squash, onion, chile, coconut milk until smooth. Add the blender ingredients to a soup pot with 2 cups hot chicken stock. Add more stock if you would like a thinner consistency.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seed and cilantro mixture on top of the soup. Finish with a sprinkle of boo salt and a spoonful of creme fraiche.