- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, reduced-fat or whole
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Sous Salt Sun Dried Tomato
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or shallot
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 ounces chopped baby spinach or baby kale (baby kale is
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Directions for Sauce
- Whisk together the yogurt, scallions, lemon juice, and 2 tsp dill in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate the sauce for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
Directions for Quinoa Cakes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium-size bowl.
- Add the eggs, quinoa, feta, 1 TBS dill, lemon zest, and 1/4 tsp black pepper and mix well. Mix in the bread crumbs and let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow the bread crumbs to absorb some of the moisture.
- Wipe out large skillet, and add 1 TBS oil. Heat for a few minutes.
- Form quinoa patties about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Place the patties in skillet, in batches if necessary. Cook the patties until they’re browned on the outside, 4 to 5 minutes per side, and then flip.
- Serve warm with lemon-dill yogurt sauce.