Never buy the Ricotta in a tub again. This quick home made Ricotta is as light as whip cream and you can even flavor it as you go. All you need is cheesecloth….
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon quality white wine vinegar
- Set a large sieve over a deep stainless steel bowl and line it with cheesecloth (two layers)
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan with the salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, add the vinegar and allow the mixture to stand for 2 minutes while it cures.
- Pour the mixture into the cheesecloth lined sieve and allow it to drain for apx 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the ricotta to a bowl. You can use it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
Salad Ingredients & Directions:
I chopped 4 smaller sized red and green heirloom tomatoes, sprinkled Grey Herb Sous Salt, drizzled them with olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Spoon the Ricotta at the side of the dish and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and a sprinkle of Grey Herb Sous Salt. Finely slice fresh basil and enjoy!